Saturday, July 28, 2012

Butternut Squash in Chapel Hill

Things are about to really change here. I worked my last shift at the Olive Garden yesterday and we are packing up the las of our belongings and moving to Fort Collins, CO on Monday. I cannot wait for this new beginning to start!

Unfortunately, new beginnings also means saying goodbye to some old friends... at least for now. Yesterday afternoon, in between packing and work I met up with one of my oldest friends to have lunch. She suggested we go to "Butternut Squash" in Chapel Hill which serves vegetarian and vegan cuisine.

The atmosphere was nice, a mixture of modern and eclectic design in a smaller setting with an even smaller staff. Our server, Masie, who also doubled as our host and cashier, was an absolute delight! She was friendly, helpful and one of the better servers I've had in a long time.

Now the important part, the food. The food itself is not overly pricy with sandwiches starting around $9.50 and entrees from $10-14. I ordered the black bean burger pictured below and Rachel had an oversized loaded baked potato. Both our meals came with a fresh field green salad and was delicious. I tried her tofu bacon and i have to say, you'd never know it wasnt meat For the price and portions you really can't do much better for a specialty restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment